BGS MGMT 312 Notes 2.22.13
- Genre of writing to help a decision maker think through policy options for a given problem.
- Takes what’s known-trying to synthesize existing research where things are problematic-to give a recommendation on policy alternatives.
- Aspen institute and “Patient Capital”
- “Too Big to Fail” and Dodd-Frank Act
- Global Minimum Wage (more of a solution); differences in labour costs
- Rating Agency and how they’re compensated
- Campaign finance and contributions leading to regulatory capture(the one that is regulated “captures” the regulator)
- Marijuana legalization
- Private Prisons: case or a policy
- Lobbying reform
- Sears and Financial Reporting